In 1864, Sydney photographers Freeman Brothers imported a Sutton panoramic camera, able to take a 110° view in a single image. It was fitted with a water-filled lens and the wet-plate glass negatives it used were curved to reduce lens aberrations. The Sydney Morning Herald praised views it had seen taken with the camera, including this one: "The Messrs. Freeman have already tested this new instrument, and produced several very beautiful photographs of scenery in the vicinity of the harbour ... a second is taken from the Artillery barracks, and includes Fort Denison on the one side and Campbell's Wharf on the other.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!